FRAMINGHANM – Framingham State University is advertising for a men’s basketball coach. The new coach would replace head coach Bill Raynor, who was hired in 2018.
The primary responsibility of this position is instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of the sport of men’s basketball.
The part-time position was posted on June 17. The deadline to apply is July 16, 2021.
The head basketball coach would:
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of teaching skills and strategies for the sport of men’s basketball during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons (at least 50%).
- Provide individual instruction as permitted by the governing rules of the NCAA in the sport of men’s basketball.
- Create individual plans, while adhering to all NCAA bylaws.
- Assist with student-athlete welfare, physical health, team concepts and safety.
- Coordinate team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as managers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Framingham State University, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to all aspects of the team’s management.
- Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the university community.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
Minimum of 1-2 years of coaching and/or playing experience
Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration and community) via email, phone, social media and in person.
Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates.
Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test for Coaches Valid First Aid/CPR/AED certificates
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish or English and Portuguese are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time non-benefited, contract, exempt coaching position.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must apply online by submitting:Cover Letter,Resume/CV,Equity and Inclusion Statement
Names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
The Equity and Inclusion Statement is an opportunity for candidates to discuss professional skills, experience and/or willingness to engage in activities that would enhance the university’s efforts to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Equity and inclusion statements will be considered as part of a transparent and comprehensive review of candidate application materials.
For full consideration, please apply by July 16, 2021.
For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.