FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham is advertising for someone to run the bookmobile program for the Framingham Public Library.
Framingham is seeking an “energetic Bookmobile Librarian with the creativity, flexibility and enthusiasm to deliver mobile library services, including first rate collections, technology, and programming, to Framingham’s diverse and dynamic population.”
The “Head of Bookmobile Experience” has a salary range of $59,308 to $80,956 annually, according to the June 14 job posting.
The hours are 37.5 hours/week, including one evening per week, and alternating Fridays/Saturdays.
“Successful candidates will be flexible, energetic, dedicated to customer service, positive, and excited to oversee and drive Framingham Public Library’s 27-foot Bookmobile throughout the City’s neighborhoods, to special events, schools, and other destinations. The position works in collaboration with Library Administration and staff to help the Library fulfill its mission as the premier community resource for free inquiry, creative enrichment, and lifelong learning. Frequent contact with the public, community groups and other Library and City employees requires the exercise of tact, diplomacy, and flexibility,” noted the job posting.
The bookmobile librarian:
▪ Drives the Bookmobile to specified locations and returns on a predetermined schedule.
▪ Works with Administration and Department Heads to develop, coordinate, and facilitate Bookmobile services, routes, collections, technology, and maintenance.
▪ Develops and maintains a collection for Bookmobile daily operation, which includes shelving, weeding, and rotating materials including books, audio-visual material, Library of Things collection, etc.
▪ Maintains a flexible, dynamic collection in response to locations and routes. Recommends changes/additions to routes, schedules, and destinations as needed.
▪ Performs circulation functions using Sierra ILS including checking in and out materials, registering patrons, placing reserves, and collecting fines and fees.
▪ Under the direction of the Supervisor of Technology serves as “mini-key user” of Bookmobile technology, performing basic troubleshooting and technology maintenance.
▪ Performs reader’s advisory, reference, and research work and collection advisory as needed with support from Main and Branch Library Reference Staff.
▪ Works with fellow Department Heads in developing programming, special events, and marketing for the Bookmobile.
▪ Participates on select committees and working groups.
▪ Maintains detailed operations documentation and safety information for the Bookmobile.
▪ Oversees maintenance schedule to ensure routine maintenance. Reports any problems to the Director immediately.
▪ May work at the Main Library and/or the Branch Library as needed.
Applicants should have a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution; three to five (3-5) years of library and supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Massachusetts State driver’s license and excellent driving record required.
Familiarity with Spanish or Portuguese desirable.
The position works under the direction of the Director of Libraries and/or the Assistant Director of Libraries.
To apply visit: www.framinghamma.gov/jobs