FRAMINGHAM – City of Framingham Mayor has nominated Ben Boverman to the Framingham Fair Housing Committee.
The The Fair Housing Committee works to promote access to decent, safe and affordable housing for all segments of the community to the maximum extent feasible. The Fair Housing Committee accomplishes this through the study of issues, public education and advocacy.
Members should be broadly representative of segments of the community, active and interested in the housing market.
A retiree, Boverman lives in District 2.
“Boverman hopes to contribute the perspective of senior citizens with respect to housing,” wrote Mayor Yvonne Spicer to the City Council.
The nomination was made on June 4, and the 11-member City Council has 30 days to approve or reject the nomination. If no action is taken by the City’s legislative branch, the appointment is automatic. The appointment is for 3-years through June 30, 2024.
The current chair of the Committee is District 2 resident Hank Moran, whose term expires on June 30, 2021.
Other members of the Committee are:
- District 4 resident Esta Montano through June 2023
- District 4 resident William Zompetti through June 30,2021
- District 5 resident Joanne Michaud through June 2022
- District 5 resident Bradley Bonzey through June 2023
- District 8 resident Timothy Hamilton through June 2022
- District 8 resident Danya DelMonaco through June 2023
- District 8 resident Jessica Whitfield through June 2023
Also serving as an ex-officio member is Eliot Yaffa who is the City of Framingham’s Community Development representative
Other ex-officio members include:
* Jose Ivan Roman (Ex-officio, Human Relations Commission Representative through June 2021
* Framingham Housing Authority ex-officio – vacant
* Framingham Planning Board ex-officio – vacant