FRAMINGHAM – Framingham Fire Department received a 9-1-1 call just after midnight on Monday, May 24 for a fire on Wesley Road.
Framingham Engine 7, Engine 2, Tower 1, Rescue 1, Car 2 and Engine 1 as the rapid intervention team (RIT) responded to 46 Wesley Road, said Framingham Fire Chief Michael Dutcher.
Engine 7, which was first on the scene, was met by the homeowner. Firefighters were told of a possible bedroom fire with all occupants out of the house, said Chief Dutcher.
“Engine 7 investigated and found fire in bedroom, quickly extinguished the fire in conjunction with other on scene companies,” said Chief Dutcher.
There were no injuries to occupants or firefighters, said Chief Dutcher.
The cause of the fire is “electrical appliance overloaded,” said Chief Dutcher.
“Homeowner had all bedroom doors closed which contained the fire to just one room,” said the Framingham Fire Chief.
“This is an important safety message – ‘Close before you doze’,” said Chief Dutcher. “A closed door during a fire can reduce smoke in the closed room, reduce temperature in the closed room, reduce damage in the closed room amongst other safety effects. This simple act, along with quick notification and response of the Fire Department, limited significant damage to the home.”