1 May 9-15 is National Food Allergy Awareness Week, sponsored by the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Connection Team (FAACT).
Food allergies affect as many as 32 million Americans, including 26 million adults and 5.6 million children, and the prevalence of food allergies appears to be increasing among children under the age of 18, that is 2 students in every classroom
Yesterday, the FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine for those as young as age 12.
3. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, she will hold a community hour at 5 p.m. on her proposed fiscal year 2022 $307 million budget. The proposed budget is a 2.5% increase, the maximum allowed under the law.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham Council on Aging at 1:30 p.m.
- Framingham City Council’s finance subcommittee at 7 p.m. The Police department and the highway & sanitation departments are expected to discuss their proposed budgets.
5. FLYERS in action:
- Girls lacrosse will host Braintree at 5:15 p.m. at Phil Read Field
- Boys lacrosse travels to Braintree for a 5:15 p.m. game.