1 Happy Cinco de Mayo Day. Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Mexican army’s victory over Napoleon III’s French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.
Here in America, it is lots of Mexican cuisine and margaritas, as every Mexican restaurant capitalizes on the day to market their food & drink.
2 The City of Framingham cancelled a scheduled house auction yesterday.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Conservation Commission at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, she has no public events today. She is likely to attend the School Committee meeting but it is not on her schedule as of 8:45 a.m. today.
5. Congresswoman Katherine Clark submitted the Chris Walsh Memorial Aqueduct Trail in South Framingham for congressional funding. The project cost is $220,000.