1 The Spicer administration is losing its third major department head this year with the announcement yesterday that Chief Financial Officer Mary Ellen Kelley will retire on June 29. The City’s chief assessor left on April 30, and the City’s health director, left earlier this year, during the pandemic.
2. Framingham Mayor Yvonne Spicer released her budget for fiscal year 2022 at 8;30 p.m. on Friday, April 30. The proposed budget is more than $307 million and calls for the maximum tax increase of 2.5%.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer she will hold a community hour today at 5 p.m. to discuss the American Rescue Plan funds coming to the City of Framingham.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Hemenway Elementary School Council at 5 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Appointments Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Finance Subcommittee at 6:30 p.m.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7 p.m.
4. Today is Teacher Appreciation Day. This week is Teacher Appreciation Week.
BONUS: Today is May the 4th Be With Your or Star Wars Day.