FRAMINGHAM – Shields Health Care Group today announced that its MRI facility in Framingham has been recognized as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence® (DICOE) by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
This is the first Shields MRI center to earn this prestigious designation and one of few outpatient diagnostic imaging centers in New England to earn this prestigious designation.
The DICOE program, which represents the pinnacle of medical imaging care, is an achievement that goes beyond accreditation to recognize best-quality imaging practices and diagnostic care. This includes a comprehensive assessment of the entire medical imaging enterprise, including structure and outcomes.
The Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence® (DICOE) designation recognizes excellence at multiple levels — including the professional staff, the technology, and the policies and procedures the organization follows — as well as superior patient care.
In order to receive this elite distinction, facilities must be accredited by the ACR in all modalities they provide, and in which the ACR offers an accreditation program. Another requirement is to participate in the Dose Index Registry® and General Radiology Improvement Database, as well as Image Wisely® and Image Gently®. Shields MRI Framingham underwent a comprehensive inspection by a national team, citing shields as “truly deserving of this seal” from the moment the process began.
As a DICOE facility, Shields MRI Framingham:
- Provides patients with the utmost confidence of receiving today’s highest levels of imaging quality, safety, and care;
- Offers excellence at multiple levels — the professional staff, technology, policies and procedures;
- Has achieved accreditation by the American College of Radiology in all imaging modalities that we provide;
- Has exceeded the standard requirements of accreditation to achieve the designation of Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence from the American College of Radiology;
- Has an ongoing process for self-assessment (and improvement) including participation in the ACR Dose Index Registry® and General Radiology Improvement Database.
“Shields takes great pride in providing the highest quality diagnostic services while prioritizing a positive patient experience, so this distinction from ACR has been a goal that we are thrilled to achieve,” said Peter Ferrari, President of Shields Health Care Group. “Our Framingham team, Shields clinical advisors, and our Quality & Safety committee who led this initiative, put in months of hard work to provide care for our patients, further proving our commitment to quality. We look forward to pursing this honor throughout our network over the next several years.”
Shields MRI Framingham is located at 14 Cochituate Road in Framingham.
In full transparency, the press release & photos were submitted to SOURCE media for publication.