1 The Islamic holy month of Ramadan begins the evening of April 12 and will end on May 11. Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, which follows a lunar calendar.
Throughout the Ramadan period, adult Muslims will fast for 30 days between dusk and dawn and break their fast with a traditional meal called ‘Iftar’.
2. More than two dozen virtual presentations covering topics ranging from dinosaurs, to climate change and nuclear waste management, are on tap for the 2021 Science on State Street festival held between today and April 24. Science on State Street is an annual collaboration between Framingham State’s Christa McAuliffe Center for Integrated Science Learning and the MetroWest STEM Education Network.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Housing Authority at 2 p.m.
- Framingham School Committee: Health and Wellness Subcommittee at 5:30 p.m.
- Keefe English Learner Parent Advisory Council (ELPAC) at 6 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Planning & Zoning Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham School Building Committee at 7 p.m.
- Keefe School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Health at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Library Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Strategic Initiative & Financial Oversight Committee at 7 p.m.
4. Marty Gitlin, veteran sports writer, pop culture historian, and author of The Ultimate Boston Red Sox Time Machine Book, for The Ultimate Presentation for Red Sox Nation tonight at 7 as part of the Framingham Public Library’s programming. Pre-registration is required for the free, virtual program.
5. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.