FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham has created a list of transportation resources to help bring residents to and from their vaccine appointments, it announced this afternoon April 7.
“Special thank you to the MetroWest Transportation Authority, SMOC, and the Callahan Center for your support,” said the City in a press release.
METROWEST REGIONAL TRANSIT AUTHORITY (MWRTA)
- View all vaccine locations serviced by MWRTA Fixed Routes here.
- There is a State Vaccination Site located at the Natick Mall, and one located at Fenway in Cambridge – both can be accessed using MWRTA services. For more details, click here and scroll down to “Vaccination Appointments.”
- For help with directions to other vaccine sites, call MWRTA Customer Service at (508) 935-2222 and a representative will assist you.
- Riders of the MWRTA Demand Response service are highly encouraged to book a trip to their vaccine appointment using the service.
SOUTH MIDDLESEX OPPORTUNITY COUNCIL (SMOC)
SMOC is collaborating with MWRTA to provide essential trips to eligible individuals who are in need of transportation assistance, including transportation to COVID-19 vaccine appointments.
For more information, call SMOC at (508) 620-2690 or click here and scroll down to “Essential Taxi/Livery Trips.”
Seniors can request taxi rides to their vaccine appointment through the Callahan Center by calling 508-532-5980, ext 4113, preferably with a few day’s advance notice. This service is available to all residents over 55 years old for transportation within Framingham and all residents over 60 years old for transportation outside Framingham.
TRANSPORTATION FOR MASSHEALTH MEMBERS AND HEALTH SAFETY NET PATIENTS
- If you have a scheduled COVID-19 vaccine appointment and are a MassHealth member or Health Safety Net patient, you may receive authorization (PT-1) for “Curb to Curb” transportation services to/from your vaccine appointment. Contact your health care provider or call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at (800) 841-2900; TTY: (800) 497-4648.
- This service is available to all MassHealth participants, including those with MassHealth Limited, MassHealth Family Assistance, the Children’s Medical Security Plan, or the Health Safety Net.
- View more information about the program here.