FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Public School district is advertising for a vice principal at Barbieri Elementary School for the 2021-22 school year.
The job was posted on March 31.
Barbieri Elementary is a two-way Spanish-English bilingual elementary school for grades K-5.
The vice principal will use “leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills to assist the elementary principal to promote and advance the educational development of each student. This includes such responsibilities as: leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, child communications, supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents; and managing budget items.”
Applicants should have a current and valid DESE license in Principal/Assistant Principal grades 1-6 and SEI Endorsement for Administrators.
Applicants should have five years of teaching experience in a public school setting and at least three years of administrative experience. Said administrative experience shall include at a minimum supervision and evaluation of staff and professional development work. Masters Degree in education preferred. Bilingual (Portuguese and/or Spanish) skills preferred.
The Vice Principal through “knowledge of the practices, methods, and techniques used in the administration and supervision of all programs in a school; excellent skill in oral and written communications; ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, support staff and associates. Flexibility will be essential. Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population. Bilingual (Spanish) skills required.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ASSIST THE PRINCIPAL IN:
Development of Educational Programming:
- Developing, determining the appropriateness, implementing, and monitoring the instructional program.
- Revising, implementing, and evaluating curriculum.
- Participating on school-wide and district-wide committees for the advancement of the educational program.
- Monitors and interacts with students and their families regarding academic, social, and emotional issues.
- Developing and administering policies on student behavior and assisting teachers with serious discipline problems.
- Participating in the team evaluation process.
- Coordinate student activity programs, field trips, and other school activities as necessary.
- Supervising, directing, and evaluating staff members.
- Coordinating staff development activities.
- Participating with staff in school problem-solving issues.
- Developing schedules for various ancillary staff serving the school.
- Preparing the preparation of reports, records, and lists appropriate to the school’s administration.
- Interpreting and enforcing district and school policies and administrative regulations.
- Overseeing the development and administration of the school safety plan.
- Assist in the administration of state and district required testing.
- Represent the principal in his/her absence.
The Vice Principal is a member of the Framingham Administrators Association (FAA) contract.
Application will be accepted through July 1.
No salary range was posted by the public school district.