1 This week is National Girl Scout Week. Due to the pandemic, the Framingham Board of Health has prohibited booth sales in Framingham. The Girls Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts has allowed Scouts to sell cookies online.
Girl Scouts in Framingham is grades K-12. Interested in joining the organization visit http://www.gsema.org/
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
In Eastern Massachusetts, there are 41,000 Scouts – 26,000 girls and 15,000 adults.
2. The Mayor vetoed the City Council’s plan for the Community Preservation Act. The City Council is expected to vote on the veto at its meeting tonight at 7 p.m.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are Zoom or remote unless otherwise stated):
- Framingham Council on Aging meeting at 1:30 p.m.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Finance Subcommittee at 7;30 p.m.
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today. She does not have a community hour today.
It is unknown if she will attend the City Council meeting tonight.