1 Today is International Women’s Day.
2. Cohort A students of Phase IV return to the classrooms today.
These are the are the last group of students who had not been in the classroom since March 2020. About 800 additional students are on the bus this morning, according to the district.
Last Wednesday, Cohort B students of Phase IV returned to the classrooms, as part of the district’s hybrid learning model.
The six new cases make 57 total cases in the public school district this 20-21 school year. The district does not state when it reports positive cases if they are a teacher, staff, or a student.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are Zoom or remote unless otherwise stated):
- Framingham Housing Authority meeting at 2 p.m.
- Framingham School Committee: Teaching and Learning Subcommittee at 5 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Public Health, Safety & Transportation Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Board of License Commissioners at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Health at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Library Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Keefe School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Strategic Initiative & Financial Oversight Committee at 7 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.
Her scheduled showed no public events all weekend, but she did stop by the second dose vaccine clinic at Keefe Technical on Saturday, March 6 and take photos.
Bonus: In 1970, Diana Ross performed her first solo concert after leaving The Supremes, in Framingham. She started an 11-night engagement at the Monticello, honing her act for her Las Vegas debut in May.
Did you attend one of these performances? Do they have any photos? Please share with SOURCE at editor@Framinghamsource.com