BOSTON – Ashland & Framingham State Rep. Jack Patrick Lewis is advertising for a legislative aide.
Rep. Lewis currently serves on the House Committee on Ways & Means, along with the Joint Committees on Ways & Means, Public Health, Export Development, and Children, Families & People with Disabilities. He also serves as the Co-Chair of the House Progressive Caucus.
Rep. Lewis would hire the aide to provide communication, legislative, and administrative support services.
Provide Rep. Lewis with basic administrative support including, but not limited to, answering phones and taking messages, greeting visitors, scheduling, and other tasks as may be assigned;
● Manage constituent inquiries and casework including creation/maintenance of a database of constituent requests;
● Serve as liaison with constituents;
● Serve as liaison with federal, local, and other state government offices as directed by Rep. Lewis;
● Research and draft responses to constituents, stakeholders, and other interest groups on matters of interest;
● Draft proposed legislation and amendments on matters of importance to Rep. Lewis;
● Monitor and track legislation for Rep. Lewis;
● Prepare summaries of legislation and briefing materials on various topics for Rep. Lewis;
● Attend meetings and forums on behalf of Rep. Lewis as directed;
● Supervise interns and coordinate with the House intern program; and
● Able to operate in a fast-paced professional office environment; handle or operate standard office equipment, and occasionally lift to 10 pounds.
The salary is 42,631.97.
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and a writing sample of no more than three pages.
Start date is ASAP
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Applicants should have the:
- Ability to interface and work with different communities and personalities in a professional and helpful manner;
● Ability to multi-task effectively, work independently and meet deadlines on short notice;
● Excellent research, analytical and interpersonal skills;
● Excellent writing and communication skills;
● Ability to communicate with members and colleagues effectively and provide and receive feedback professionally;
● Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, calendar and email management and ability to prioritize tasks as needed
This is a full-time, minimum of 37.5 hours per week position, typically Monday through Friday. Hours vary and may include evening and weekend work to support Representative Lewis’ legislative or constituent activities.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, staff have access to a wide variety of health plans including coverage of health, vision, and dental benefits. Furthermore, retirement benefits are available, depending upon one’s length of employment.
The Massachusetts House of Representatives is an Equal Opportunity Employer