2. The United Nations has declared today Zero Discrimination Day.
On Zero Discrimination Day, UN is highlighting the urgent need to take action to end the inequalities surrounding income, sex, age, health status, occupation, disability, sexual orientation, drug use, gender identity, race, class, ethnicity and religion that continue to persist around the world.
Inequality is growing for more than 70% of the global population, exacerbating the risk of division and hampering economic and social development.
And COVID-19 is hitting the most vulnerable people the hardest—even as new vaccines against COVID-19 are becoming available, there is great inequality in accessing them. Many have equated this to vaccine apartheid.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are Zoom or remote unless otherwise stated):
- Hemenway Elementary School Council has a meeting today.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer no public events today.
5. Tomorrow night, there will be a joint meeting of the Framingham City Council and the 8-member School Committee to elected one of 4 candidates to replace the late Karen Foran Dempsey on the School Committee in District 2.