1 According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has one public event today. The Mayor will host a community hour on the city’s challenges.
2. A new walk-up, free COVID-19 testing site was announced yesterday at St. T’s Parish Hall. It is the site SOURCE wrote was being considered back on January 21. The City of Framingham has not had a walk-up testing site since December 2020, when the SMOC HQ one closed on Bishop Street.
The new testing site opens tomorrow, Wednesday, February 24, and while it is walk-up appointments are required.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are Zoom or remote unless otherwise stated):
- Framingham Retirement Board at 10 a.m.
- Framingham Housing Authority at 2 p.m.
- King Elementary School Council at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Traffic Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
4. The Framingham Public Library will host Tea & TED Talk from 3 to 4 p.m. Today’s topic is the Surprising Science of Alpha Males, TED Talk by Frans de Waal.
Based on extensive research on chimpanzees, biologist and primatologist Frans de Waal draws fascinating parallels between alpha males in human and chimpanzee societies. De Waal’s often humorous observations shatter some commonly held myths about alpha males and compel you to examine the qualities that constitute effective leadership. Let’s discuss how this talk confirmed or upended your prior beliefs about alpha males and then consider these concepts in the context of leadership in today’s tumultuous world.
Before you join us for the discussion, attendees are invited to watch the TED Talk HERE.
5. Students in Phase III of the Framingham Public Schools will begin hybrid learning tomorrow, February 23.