1 The current snowstorm could last until Saturday morning, but the forecast calls for only about a half foot of snow total.
However, the Framingham Public Libraries are closed. Residents are to call 508-532-5570 to reschedule curb-side pick-up appointments.. Both Framingham libraries have been physically closed since March 2020.
2. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ vaccine registration site crashed yesterday. More than a million individuals became eligible to register for the vaccine on Thursday, include those with 2 medical health issues and anyone age 65 or older. The https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/ is up and running now, and Governor Charlie Baker has promised to investigate why it has crashed, as has Senate President Karen Spilka.
Yesterday was the first day individuals could schedule appointments at the Natick Mall for vaccines. The site opens on Monday.
3. Framingham has postponed its vaccine clinic for Saturday, February 20 at Keefe Tech.
COVID testing information for Framingham
- The Commonwealth’s free COVID testing site at Framingham State University’s parking lot, which is by appointment only, expanded to 3 lanes thanks to Senate President Karen Spilka.
- The City of Framingham has yet to open a free walk-up COVID testing site in 2021, although SOURCE has learned they are considering one of the City’s polling places as a potential site.
4. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are Zoom or remote unless otherwise stated):
- Framingham Youth Council Youth Council – Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
5. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.