NATICK – The Town of Natick is advertising for a comptroller.
A comptroller is a management-level position responsible for supervising the quality of accounting and financial reporting of a municipality.
“The successful applicant will have a strong background in accounting and public management with at least five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting and auditing, preferably in local government, at least two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory or work leader capacity,” noted the posting.
Salary was not posted.
Some of the responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Responsible for the planning, organizing and directing of municipal accounting and auditing functions of the town;
- Supervises the accounting and payroll staff in the Comptroller’s Office;
- Maintains municipal books, including a general journal, general ledger, and subsidiary ledgers;
- Prepares reports for officers and department heads regarding appropriations and expenditures;
- Annually prepares and furnishes to DOR a Schedule A, statement of public debt, and the Balance Sheet.
Candidates need a strong knowledge of GAAP, UMAS, and GASB regulations is required, and certification as a Massachusetts Municipal Accountant is preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com or via mail to Director of Human Resources, Town of Natick, 13 East Central Street, Natick, MA 01760