ASHLAND – Beginning, Monday, February 8, the Ashland Public Library will re-open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for limited browsing (30 minutes) and computer use (45 minutes).
Everyone entering the library will be required to properly wear a mask and sanitize their hands upon entering, said the Library.
Masks are available if you need one, said the library.
Staff will gladly pull items to be picked up curbside for anyone who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons. Curbside pickup will also be available, weather permitting, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The entrance (Concord Street side) will remain locked and you will be required to call the library at 508-881-0134 ext. 2 for the adult area and ext. 5 for the Children’s Room when you arrive in the parking lot.
You will be:
• asked health related questions about Covid 19 symptoms and personal or household exposure within the past two weeks.
• asked for contact information for the Town of Ashland’s contact tracing needs.
• advised of time you will be allowed in the library (30 minutes for browsing/per day in the adult or children’s area, photocopying and 45 minutes for computer use/per day)
You may be asked to wait if the library has reached capacity. Please note that only one family will be allowed in the Children’s Room at a time.
While in the library:
• Masks/face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth the entire time you are in the library.
• Please use hand sanitizer that is throughout the building
• Practice social distancing by remaining 6 feet apart from others
• Please only touch what you need. Any items you touch, but don’t check out, should be placed in the quarantine bins located throughout the library.
• No food or drink will be permitted in the building.
• You will be able to check out your own materials with staff assisted checkout, or the Minuteman mobile app, to minimize handling
• Staff is available to answer questions and help you find things, but no one-on-one computer help will be available.
Please continue to return your items outside in the available bookdrop.
Curbside pickup will continue, weather permitting.
This service is available to anyone with a valid Minuteman library card.
Curbside Pickup hours:
Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
You will be notified when your item(s) are available for pickup.When you arrive at the library, please call 508-881-0134 ext 2 for the adult desk or ext 5 for the Children’s Room to let staff know you are here. Your items will be checked out and delivered to the table on the library patio (Main/Concord Street entrance) for you to take. If you need assistance, please let library staff know when you are contacted about pickup.
Please use the library book returns located in the library parking lot and near the main entrance on Concord Street. Please note that only one bookdrop will be available for returns per day to allow for suggested quarantining. All items (including media) may be returned in the same bookdrop. If a bookdrop is locked, please do not attempt to force the slot open to return items.
No items will be accepted in person by library staff.
Based on CDC guidance given to the Institute for Museums and Library Services, any items that get returned will be quarantined.
Overdue fines will not be charged while returned items are in quarantine.