1 The state’s free COVID testing site at Framingham State University’s parking lot, which is by appointment only, will expand to three lanes on Friday thanks to Senate President Karen Spilka. It is CLOSED today to allow for the third lane to be constructed.
The City of Framingham has yet to open a free walk-up COVID testing site in 2021, although SOURCE has learned they are considering one of the City’s polling places as a potential site.
2. Phase 1 and phase 2 Framingham Public School students are scheduled to return to class today. These students have not be in their physical classrooms since early December 2020.
3. The Framingham Public Library & Framingham State University are hosting a lecture on the Biden Administration tonight. Pre-registration is required by 5 p.m. for the virtual event.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (remote or on Zoom unless otherwise stated):
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Finance Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Library Trustees: Governance Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
5. Today is World Cancer Day.
Led by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), the day aims to mobilize urgent action from individuals, governments, and the global cancer community to close the clear and unacceptable gaps in cancer risk awareness between higher and lower socioeconomic groups and the subsequent impact on their health-promoting behaviors.
BONUS: Due to Monday-Tuesday’s snowstorm that delivered more than a foot of snow, curbside collection of trash & recyclables is on a one-delayed scheduled for the rest of the week. Wednesday will be collected today.