1 According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
Mayor Spicer is the featured speaker this afternoon at the Massachusetts Municipal Association’s annual meeting. It is a ticketed event. No media is allowed.
2.There was one winner in the $700 million-plus lottery last night. The winning ticket was purchased in Maryland.
3. Yesterday was inauguration Day. President Joseph Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris were sworn in. Biden is only the second catholic president. Harris is the first female vice president, the first person of color to be a vice president and the first Asian to be a vice president.
On his first day in office, President Biden signed several executive orders including ones on LGBTQ+ rights, ending a Muslim travel ban, and one on DACA. The President also extended a pause on student loan payments during the pandemic.
4. Framingham Police Chief Lester Baker will give a presentation tonight on the department jail diversion program with Advocates. The program was created in 2003. Meeting starts at 7 p.m. on Zoom.
Other City of Framingham Meetings (all remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Human Relations Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Finance Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
5. The state’s new free COVID testing site at Framingham State University’s parking lot, which is by appointment only, has been extremely busy since before Christmas. The City of Framingham has yet to open a free walk-up COVID testing site in 2021.