1 Trash and recycling is on a one-day delayed schedule this week due to yesterday’s Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
2. Do you feel lucky? Tonight’s Mega Millions lottery jackpot is an estimated $850 million-plus. It is the second-largest prize in the game’s history, and the third largest in US lottery’s history, according to Mega Millions. The last winner was on September 15, 2020. It costs $2 to play.
3. President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris are inviting Americans across the country to come together for a national moment of unity and remembrance to honor the lives lost to COVID-19 tonight at 5:30 p.m. Almost 400,000 Americans have died from the virus since the pandemic began in 2020.
4. City of Framingham Meetings (all remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham Retirement Board at 10;30 a.m.
- Framingham Youth Council’s Health Subcommittee at 4 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Appointments Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events. It is unknown if she will attend tonight’s City Council meeting.
5. The state’s new free COVID testing site at Framingham State University’s parking lot, which is by appointment only, has been extremely busy since before Christmas. The City of Framingham has yet to open a free walk-up COVID testing site in 2021.