The following is a press release from the Framingham Democratic Committee submitted to SOURCE media
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Democratic Committee (FDC) is participating in the Biden-Harris Inaugural Committee National Day of Service by collecting items for Dignity Matters.
“The National Day of Service is a wonderful opportunity for all of us – not just the FDC – to give back to our community. Dignity Matters’ mission is vital. I am proud of our members for choosing and donating to such an important organization,” said Michael Hugo, chair of the FDC.
The National Day of Service celebrates and honors the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on January 18, 2021.
The National Day of Service is an opportunity for all Americans to unite and serve at a time when the global pandemic calls on all of us to work together and support our communities.
Dignity Matters is a non-profit organization that collects, purchases and supplies feminine hygiene products, bras and underwear to women and girls who are homeless or disadvantaged, in order to help them stay healthy, regain self-confidence, and live with basic dignity.
Items to donate include:
- Pads and Tampons (the package can be open if each item is individually wrapped)
- Incontinence supplies (for bladder leakage such as Poise and Depends – can also be in open packages)
- New or “like new” bras (so they shouldn’t be very damaged or worn)
- Underwear (brand new with tags or in a package)
There are several ways to participate:
- Purchase items locally to be dropped off at Dignity Matters. Please contact the FDC to arrange pickup if you are unable to bring them to DM;
- Purchase items online and send directly to Dignity Matters at PO Box 72, Wayland, MA 01778;
- Make a monetary donation online: https://www.dignity-matters.org/donate/.
The Framingham Democratic Committee (FDC) is an association of registered Democrats seeking to further the principles of the Democratic Party, primarily through supporting Democratic candidates in national, state, and local elections.
The FDC encourages registered Democrats and newly-registered voters, through a program of education and information, to join the Democratic Party political activities, the aim of which is to strengthen and further the cause of sound government.