1 The Framingham Business Association meets today via Zoom at noon. Guest speaker is Framingham EDIC chair Doug Lawrence.
2. The state’s new free COVID testing site at Framingham State University’s parking lot, which is by appointment only, has been extremely busy since before Christmas. The City of Framingham has yet to open a free walk-up COVID testing site in 2021.
3. City of Framingham Meetings (all remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham Zoning Board of Appeals at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Cultural Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historical Commission at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events. She will give the state of the City address on Thursday evening at 7.
5. Today is Korean American Day on January 13th commemorates the arrival of the first Korean immigrants to the United States in 1903.
The day also honors the Korean American’s immense contributions to every aspect of society.
State Representative Maria Robinson is the first Korean-American to be elected to the Massachusetts State House.
In 2003, President George W. Bush proclaimed a celebration of the 100th anniversary of the arrival of the first Korean immigrants. In 2005, the U.S. House and Senate passed simple resolutions in support of Korean American Day.
Since then, states across the country have passed bills declaring January 13th as an annual celebration of Korean American Day.