1 Framingham City Council and Framingham Library Trustees elected a new Library Trustee last week by a 12-10 vote. The Framingham Library Trustees will meet tonight at 7 p.m. Millie Gonzalez is the newest Trustee.
2. Massachusetts Secretary of Elder Affairs Elizabeth Chen will hold an hour long conversation with Framingham seniors this afternoon at 1 p.m. Pre-registration was required.
She leads the agency’s mission to promote the independence, empowerment, and well-being of older people, individuals with disabilities, and their families. With a budget of more than $540 million, EOEA funds a network of community-based services that help older adults age and thrive in cities and towns throughout the Commonwealth. Those services include in-home supportive care, family caregiver support, nutrition programs, protective services, supportive housing options, long-term care counseling and advocacy, health insurance counseling and prescription drug coverage assistance, access to dementia and behavioral health support services, assisted living residence certification and information, along with a variety of other programs and services
3. City of Framingham Meetings (all remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham Housing Authority at 2 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Planning & Zoning Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Library Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Framingham School Building Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Health at 7 p.m.
- Keefe Technical School Committee meeting at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Strategic Initiative & Financial Oversight Committee meeting at 7 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events. The mayor has not scheduled a new community hour in the new year. She has not had one in 4 weeks. She will give the state of the City address on Thursday evening at 7.
4. The City of Framingham will collect Christmas trees via a curbside collection this week.
5. The state’s new free COVID testing site at Framingham State University’s parking lot, which is by appointment only, has been extremely busy since before Christmas. The City of Framingham has yet to open a free walk-up COVID testing site in 2021.