1 COVID TESTING INFO:
- A new free COVID testing site opened this month at Framingham State University’s parking lot on Franklin Street. It is drive-thru and by appointment only. The appointments will be limited this week due to Christmas. They will also be limited next week due to the holiday. It is closed today & tomorrow.
- A new Framingham residents only, walk-up testing site will open at SMOC HQ opened last week. The site is closed today, and tomorrow but open on Saturday, December 26.
2. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
3. City Hall is open today until 4 p.m. It is closed on Friday, Christmas Day, Starting Monday, December 28, only the tax collector and City Clerk’s offices will be open to the public for walk-ins. All other offices are by appointment only.
4. Trash collection that normally happens on Friday will take place on Saturday.
5. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is reminding members of the public to plan ahead for the upcoming holiday season, utilize the appropriate technology tools to make informed decisions, and be aware there may be limited public amenities on trips due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, travelers should pack essential items including face coverings, and, if visiting specific states, travelers will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Massachusetts.
“As per the CDC’s strong recommendation, we are asking people not to travel during these next few weeks of the holiday season because of Covid-19,” said Highway Administrator Jonathan Gulliver, adding, “But if you must be on the roadway, you are advised to plan ahead, minimize stops, be aware of all out-of-state quarantine requirements, wear a face covering if you are traveling with someone not living in your household, and take all necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family.”