1 CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted):
- Framingham Retirement Board at 10 a.m.
- Framingham City Council: Ordinance & Rules Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Finance Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Traffic Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Parks & Recreation Commission at 7 p.m.
2. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events. There is no community hour today.
3. Framingham has increased from 8 cases per day around Labor Day to 80 cases per day per 100,000 people.
The Spicer administration said this week it does not plan to rollback restrictions like the cities of Boston, Newton, Somerville, Brockton, etc.
4. COVID TESTING INFO:
- A new free COVID testing site opened this month at Framingham State University’s parking lot on Franklin Street. It is drive-thru and by appointment only. The appointments will be limited this week due to Christmas. They will also be limited next week due to the holiday.
- A new Framingham residents only, walk-up testing site will open at SMOC HQ opened last week. The site is open from noon to 4 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays but will have limited hours this week due to Christmas week.
5. One Energy, Inc., who owns local Zoom Mart stores, is pledging its support to the local MetroWest chapter of the Boys and Girls club by embarking on a fund-raising campaign that will raise $6,500 for the club.
The campaign has two parts. The first comes directly from sales at participating locations including:
- Mobil Station/ Zoom Mart at 22 Waverly St in Framingham
- Sunoco / Zoom Mart at 146 Maple St. in Marlborough
- BP / Convenience Store at 1660 Worcester Road in Framingham
All 3 are operated by One Energy, Inc. In all three locations, one percent of all revenue (excluding tobacco, alcohol, lottery & fuel) will be contributed to the campaign. Click here to learn more.