1 The 11-member Framingham City Council will hold an emergency meeting to discuss a Spicer administration $2.5 million budget shortfall in the water & sewer administration tonight at 7 p.m.
Other CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS: (remote only unless noted):
- Framingham Keefe School Committee: Budget Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Library Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Council on Aging at 1:30 p.m.
- Framingham City Council’s Finance subcommittee at 7 p.m.
2. Framingham Public Schools Superintendent announced last week that all schools would go fully-remote starting yesterday due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in the City.
Framingham has had more than 600 new cases since Thanksgiving, and yesterday three new schools announced new cases bringing the total number of cases tied to the public school district to 25.
Framingham is averaging more than 60 cases per day per 100,000. At Labor Day, Framingham was averaging about 8 cases per day. That is almost an 8X increase between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.
There is a free drive-thru COVID testing site at TJX Headquarters, off Route 30, open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has hired Fallon Ambulance to run the testing site as part of the state’s Stop the Spread campaign.
There is also a free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m. It is walk-up only with limited parking.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer will host a community hour discussion on COVID & the holiday today at 5 p.m.
Marino is a commercial and media photographer who has been covering events for various firms, magazines and NASA Contractors at the Space Center since 1981. He has also conducted commercial photographic assignments for cruise lines as well as public relations firms in Florida.