Framingham has had 300+ new cases since Thanksgiving, and new cases keep popping up in the schools too. Framingham surpassed 3,500 cases total since the pandemic began on December 2.
SOURCE has learned that there will be a new COVID free testing site at Framingham State University’s parking lot later this month.
There is a free drive-thru COVID testing site at TJX Headquarters, off Route 30, open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has hired Fallon Ambulance to run the testing site as part of the state’s Stop the Spread campaign.
There is also a free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m. It is walk-up only with limited parking.
2. Cousins Maine Lobster food truck will be on Vigue Circle today from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings (all held virtually):
- Framingham School Committee: Policy Subcommittee at 4 p.m.
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
- team Framingham at 7 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
4. Today is the last day to place an order with the Framingham Garden Club’s annual holiday greens sale. The sale is online this year, due to the coronavirus pandemic. “We’re selling more than 150 products individually made by members and delivered to customers’ homes,” said the garden club.
Visit www.framinghamgardenclub.org Easy ordering and contactless pickup and delivery options.
5. As part of the Lifelong Learning Lecture series with Framingham State University, the Framingham Public Library presents Living on the Edge – Art and Culture of Ancient Armenia tonight on ZOOM. Christina Maranci, Professor and Department Chair of Art and Architecture at Tufts University, will discuss the Art and Culture of Ancient Armenia.