1 Today is Giving Tuesday. It is generally celebrated after Cyber Monday, one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement that unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world. Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good.
Giving Tuesday was created when two organizations, the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation came together in 2012.
2. There is a free drive-thru COVID testing site at TJX Headquarters, off Route 30, open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has hired Fallon Ambulance to run the testing site as part of the state’s Stop the Spread campaign.
There is also a free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m. It is walk-up only with limited parking.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings (all held virtually):
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Community Development Committee meeting at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
5. December 1 is World AIDS Day.