1. Framingham’s first-ever Community Long-range Strategic Plan is called for by the City Charter. It is intended to represent the community’s voice and guide the municipality’s overall approach to resources, needs, assets, and opportunities to ensure that Framingham moves forward deliberately and effectively to benefit everyone. The City of Framingham will hold a Zoom meeting on it tonight from 7 to 8 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer plans to attend the Zoom call.
2. There is a free drive-thru COVID testing site at TJX Headquarters, off Route 30, open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It will be open Mondays through Saturdays in November. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has hired Fallon Ambulance to run the testing site as part of the state’s Stop the Spread campaign.
There is also a free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m. It is walk-up only with limited parking. The City announced yesterday the Amazing Things testing site has closed.
3. The Framingham Council on Aging has a meeting at 1:30 p.m.
4.Other CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings (all held virtually):
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Zoning Board of Appeals at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historical Commission at 7 p.m.
5. Today is the 245th birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps.