1 The presidential election has yet to be decided as of 8 a.m. today. The Biden-Harris ticket inches closer to the 270 needed in the electoral college with wins in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Arizona on Wednesday. Several states are still not yet decided including Nevada, Alaska, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and North Carolina.
2. In typical New England fashion, it snowed last Friday, and today it could reach 65 to 70 degrees. Cousins Maine Lobster Truck will be at Avalon today from noon to 7 p.m. Avalon is a 40 Riverpath Drive.
3. For 9 consecutive weeks, the City of Framingham has been a red or high-risk community for the coronavirus. The drive-thru testing site for COVID has closed at Walsh Middle School. A new drive-thru FREE COVID testing site opened at TJX Headquarters on Monday. It is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It will be open Mondays through Saturdays in November. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has hired Fallon Ambulance to run the testing site as part of the state’s Stop the Spread campaign.
There is also a free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m. It is walk-up only with limited parking. The City announced yesterday the Amazing Things testing site has closed.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted).
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Parks and Recreation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m. – The City Council will hold a tax rate hearing tonight.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
5. The Framingham Public Library and Framingham State University have teamed up for a presentation on the Presidential election on Thursday night, as part of its Lifelong Learning Lecture Series. What Happened? The Presidential Election in Perspective will take place tonight at 7 via Zoom. David Smailes, Associate Professor of Political Science at Framingham State University will lead the free presentation.