1 A City hired contractor will begin replacing sewer main and manholes near 95 Worcester Road/ Route 9 West. Lane closures will be in effect from the Natick town line to Caldor Road. Work will be conducted from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
2. Today is International Chefs Day.
Since its creation by the Late Chef Dr. Bill Gallagher in 2004, Worldchefs has been committed to using International Chefs Day to celebrate our noble profession, always remembering that it is our duty to pass on our knowledge and culinary skills to the next generation of Chefs with a sense of pride and commitment to the future.
This year’s International Chefs Day campaign theme is Healthy Food for the Future!
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted).
- Framingham School Committee: Teaching and Learning Subcommittee at 5 p.m.
- Framingham Board of License Commissioners at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council – Administrative Assistant Screening Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Library Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Framingham School Building Committee at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
For the seventh consecutive week, Framingham is a high-risk community for the virus. The City has been in high-risk status since the final week of August.
The drive-thru free COVID testing site at Walsh Middle School is open today from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. However, the site has been shut off early due to capacity issues.
There is also a free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m.