Tremblay: Hybrid Model Delayed Due To ‘Red’ or High-Risk COVID Status

Share, email, print, bookmark SOURCE reports.

FRAMINGHAM – As we continue to monitor the public health conditions in Framingham and follow guidance from the Department of Public Health, I wanted to provide an update on the decision-making process for returning students to in-person learning, announced Framingham Superintendent of School Bob Tremblay this afternoon, October 5.

The current data shows an increase in positive COVID cases in the City, which directly affects our ability to bring back students and staff as outlined in our Back-to-School Plan, said Tremblay.

Based on the data that we have reviewed, we will not be returning additional students on October 26, said Tremblay.

We will re-evaluate the data again on October 19th to see if the District can support the additional return of some of the students in our highest needs population on November 2, said Tremblay.

“We will not be moving to a hybrid model on November 5th given our continued “red” designation. At our next scheduled check-in on December 7th, we will assess the possibility of a transition to a hybrid model in early January provided that we are trending in the correct direction from a public health perspective (e.g., solidly in the “yellow” or better designation),” wrote Tremblay to parent just before 5 p.m.

“We will continue with our remote learning model at this time and we will continue to serve our highest needs population in-person for as long as public health conditions allow,” said Tremblay. “We recognize the challenges that this creates for families and we appreciate your support and flexibility as we make these difficult decisions with the health and well-being of students and staff at the forefront of our minds. I hope this notification provides ample planning time for everyone.”

editor

email: editor@FraminghamSource.com call or text at 508-315-7176

Translate »