FRAMINGHAM – “Careless disposal of smoking materials led to a small deck furniture fire,” over the weekend for Framingham Firefighters said Framingham Fire Chief Michael Dutcher.
Firefighters extinguished the single alarm fire at 878 Waverley Street at 12:22 a.m. on September 19. Engone 3, Engine 1, Ladder 3, Rescue 1 and Car 2 responded to the fire.
On arrival firefighters “found smoldering deck furniture,” said Chief Dutcher.
“Occupant had extinguished majority of fire prior to fire department’s arrival,” said the Chief.
Fire Department “wet down area and made certain fire had not extended to the structure,” said the Fire Chief.
“It is important to remind smokers to use appropriate containers to dispose of smoking materials. Put it out. All the way. Every time,” said Chief Dutcher.