1 Framingham is still a red or high-risk community. There is a drive-thru free COVID testing site is available for all residents at Staples HQ in Framingham from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is a walk-up free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m.
2. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (All are remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham Housing Authority at 2 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Planning & Zoning Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Library Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Keefe Tech School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham School Building Committee at 7 p.m.
3. Today is the International Day of Peace.
4. Today is also World’s Alzheimer’s Day. World Alzheimer’s Month is the international campaign every September to raise awareness and challenge the stigma that surrounds dementia. September 2020 will mark the 9th World Alzheimer’s Month. The campaign was launched in 2012. World Alzheimer’s Day is on 21 September each year. 2 out of every 3 people globally believe there is little or no understanding of dementia in their countries. The impact of World Alzheimer’s Month is growing, but the stigmatisation and misinformation that surrounds dementia remains a global problem, that requires global action.
- Dementia is a term used to describe different brain disorders that affect memory, thinking, behavior and emotion.
- Early symptoms of dementia can include memory loss, difficultly performing familiar tasks, problems with language and changes in personality. View the early symptoms.
- There is currently no cure for dementia, but a range of support is available for people with dementia and their carers.
- Dementia knows no social, economic, or ethnic boundaries.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia. Other causes include vascular disease, dementia with Lewy bodies and fronto-temporal dementia.
- There are currently estimated to be over 46 million people worldwide living with dementia. The number of people affected is set to rise to over 131 million by 2050.
- There is one new case of dementia worldwide every three seconds.
- The worldwide costs of dementia are estimated at US $818 billion.
5. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.