NATICK – The Town of Natick is accepting resumes/applications for the full time position of Facility Maintenance Manager.
This position operates under the supervision of the Director of Facilities Management and is responsible for all Town and School Buildings including supervision of the maintenance shop and skilled and non-skilled trades’ personnel.
The salary range is Salary Range $60,000 to $85,000.
- Supervise all maintenance and custodial personnel in tandem with building principals. Responsible for the overall scheduling and planning of all maintenance and custodial operations.
- Oversee all building structures and associated systems. Work with building maintenance, custodial and trades people with emphasis on system and component troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Schedule overtime work as required in a fair and equitable manner. Schedule personnel substitutions to cover sick, vacation and extra work time. Create, review and approve all payroll and overtime reports. Compile and verify data for monthly reports.
- Tour buildings and meet with Senior Custodian and Principals to insure a safe and comfortable building environment. Order all custodial supplies. Evaluate and recommend new products and equipment.
- Working with Director of Facility Services, oversee contractors and other vendors during building projects to coordinate and insure accurate work performance. Utilize and monitor in-house work order and maintenance management systems.
- Working with Director of facility Services, screen potential candidates for hiring and make recommendations. Recruit personnel for temporary summer positions. Determine training needs and assist in providing training of personnel.
- Provide coverage for Director of Facility Services in his absence.
- Must hold valid Class D Driver’s License
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience: or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree or other advanced educational program in related field.
- Must have worked at least six (6) years in the maintenance and custodial field.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory role with associated budgets, scheduling, payroll and purchasing experience.
- Must have working knowledge of buildings with an emphasis on system and component troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Experience with automated temperature control systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and general building systems.
- Experience with select specialized systems (rain, water recycling and sterilization) condensing boilers, chillers and chilled/heated beam terminal units is a plus.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to professionally interact with all building occupants and staff.
The Town of Natick offers a complete benefits package to include a competitive pay, pension plan, 12 paid holidays, employee assistance program, educational assistance program along with medical and dental insurances.
Interested candidates are requested to apply by emailing a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.