1 Last week, Framingham Public Schools distributed Chromebooks to elementary and middle school students. Today, the school district is distributing Chromebooks to Framingham High students. Distribution is time specific by grade or you can pick up tonight.
Grade 9 7:30 to 9;30 a.m.
Grade 10 9;30 to 11:30 a.m.
Grade 11 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Seniors 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
There is a final distribution tonight from 5:30 to 7;30 p.. for anyone who missed the morning.
2. A drive-thru free COVID testing site at Staples HQ in Framingham opened last week and is free to anyone today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is a walk-up free testing site at SMOC HQ on Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m.
3. The City of Framingham issued a press release on Saturday morning that the attorney for BJ’s Wholesale Club has requested their alcohol license transfer hearing scheduled for the Board of License Commissioners’ meeting on Monday, September 14, at 7 p.m. be continued until the Board’s next meeting. The Board will consider this request to hold the hearing on Monday, October 5, at 7 p.m.
CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted):
- Framingham Board of License Commissionersat 7 p.m.
4. Framingham Public Library is offering a tone & stretch class with Laila Vehvilainen today at 4:30 p.m. the 45-minute class will be via Zoom. A variety of functional fitness exercises to tone core, upper and lower body muscles followed by stretches. This is a low impact class designed to be adaptable to participants’ different levels. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the day of the class for the link to join.
5. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer, she has no public events.