1. Last month, Framingham was one of nine communities in the Commonwealth declared a high-risk coronavirus community, with a rating of 8.7. Last week, the State released its new ratings and Framingham had increased to 10.9 and has the 6th highest rate of infection in the state,
A drive-thru free COVID testing site at Staples HQ in Framingham opened last week and is free to anyone today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is a walk-up free testing site at Amazing Things on Hollis Street today from 3 to 6 p.m.
2 The Mayor met with the Baker-Polito Administration on 10 a.m. Friday to work to get additional resources to help the City of Framingham battle the virus. Framingham is 12th in state for cases and ranks 6th in the state for the infection rate at 3.46%.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted):
- Framingham Council on Aging at 1:30 p.m.
- CANCELLED – Framingham School Committee: Unit A, S & T Subcommittee – Executive Session at 3 p.m. closed to the public.
- Framingham City Council: Finance Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer will hold a Zoom community hour at 5 p.m. on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Continuing the Conversation
5. The Framingham Public Schools will begin Chromebook distribution in anticipation for the state of school today. First day of school is September 16.
|Barbieri||K-2||Tuesday||September 8th||8:00am – 11:30am||5:30pm – 7:00pm|
|3-5||12:00pm – 3:00pm|
|BLOCKS (Juniper Hill)||Preschool||Tuesday||September 8th||8:00am – 3:00pm||5:30pm – 7:00pm|