FRAMINGHAM – Last week, Mayor Yvonne Spicer nominated Eric Higgins of District 5 to the Loring Arena Advisory Committee.
The 11-member elected City Council has 30 days to approve the nomination. If the Council takes no action, Higgins automatically joins the 7-member committee. Higgins was nominated for a 3-year term to end on June 30, 2023.
The Loring Arena Advisory Committee is comprised of members of the skating community representing the various user groups in Framingham including youth through adult hockey, figure skating, hockey operations, and municipal government.
District 3 resident Joan Rastani’s term expired on June 30, 2020 but will continue to serve until reappointed or replaced, noted the Mayor’s email to the City Council on July 9.
Other members of the Committee include:
- District 4 resident Suzanne Brown term expires in 2023
- District 6 resident Mark Gallagher – term expires in 2022
- District 6 resident Robert Ryan – terms expires in 2021
- District 8 resident Joseph Tersoni – term expires in 2022
- District 9 resident Robert Lewis – term expires in 2022.