FRAMINGHAM – An adult and three children were displaced in an apartment fire this afternoon, June 29,
The single alarm fire happened about 3:30 p.m.
Engine 3, Engine 5, Ladder 3, Rescue 1, Engine 1, & Car 2 responded to 47 B Second Street.
Upon arrival. firefighters found a “smoldering fire caused by a lightning strike to the outside utility lines, grounded by the cable wires going into the building which ignited the roof joists,” said Framingham Fire Chief Michael Dutcher.
There was a “long delay in detection” of the fire “because of the blown in insulation surrounding the joists,” explained the fire chief.
The “occupants smelled smoke and notified the fire department,” said the chief.
No on was injured in the fire.
The management company found a unit on the property to house the four occupants displaced, said Chief Dutcher.