Personal services like nail salons, and European Wax Center on Route 9 can re-open today, as well
2. City of Framingham meetings (all meetings will be held remotely unless noted):
- Framingham City Council: Planning & Zoning Subcommittee – Regular Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Keefe School Committee meeting at 7 p.m.
- Framingham License Commission at 7 p.m.
4. Starting today:
- City and school playgrounds will begin to reopen (State announced playgrounds could open on June 8.)
- Field permits for fitness classes are now being issued, various locations (call 508-532-5960 for information)
- Athletic Fields and Permits, various locations, (call 508-532-5960 for information)
5. Today is national Positive Media Day.
News can not always be positive. There is news individuals need to know, for example there was a car crash on Route 9 or a fire at a street in the city, or that your water & sewer rates are going up, or sadly, your favorite cafe is closing due to the pandemic.
But it is important to share the #PositiveNews, along with the not-so-positive news.
“The media has the ability to change and shape our perspective and has a profound impact on the way we go about our lives. Media today is skewed heavily toward negative events. It’s time we turn the tides. Let’s get social and change the global media sentiment. One positive share at a time,” according to PositiveMediaday.com
SOURCE does believe the positive news is important.
That is why the news outlet reports on the arts, the community events, the schools, and so much more every week.
And that is why SOURCE launched the #PositiveNews hashtag more than a year ago.
You will find #PositiveNews on our website, on our Facebook page, on Twitter, and in our newsletter.
Please share the #PositiveNews reports on your social media to show that not only the “bad news” is read and re-read.