FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham re-advertised for lifeguards yesterday, June 19.
The positions are for 7 weeks, Mondays through Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., including July 4.
The position pays $14.22 per hour.
Lifeguards supervise the general conduct of beach patrons, preventing accidents, and reacting to emergency situations.
• Perform lifesaving and first aid duties and ensure safety of beach patrons at all times
• Responsible for daily maintenance of bathhouse, bathroom and changing rooms, and grounds
• Enforce all beach rules and regulations
• Spot hazards or potential hazards and take measures to prevent accidents
• Participate in pre-season training, staff training sessions and conditioning program
• Participate in emergency drills and trainings
• Is courteous, consistent, helpful and informative to beach patrons
• Must be extremely alert and exhibit a high degree of awareness
• Works as a team player with other staff members
• Perform any tasks necessary for beach operations as described by the Beach Director or Head Guard
• Insure the proper use and night time storage of all safety equipment, beach supplies and equipment
Minimum age to apply is 16.
Current certifications in American Red Cross (or comparable association) in the following: Lifeguard Training; CPR and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer.
Prior lifeguarding experience is preferred.
To apply visit www.framinghamma.gov/jobs