BOSTON – Under Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker’s executive order non-commercial dog-walking and dog parks are allowable activities during Phase II.
Phase II officially begins on Monday, June 8 in the Commonwealth.
There are guidelines, including wearing a face covering.
Non-Commercial Dog Walking Guidelines:
- All dog walkers should practice social distancing, and users should provide appropriate space for others and/or their dogs to pass when necessary.
- Dog walkers should not share toys, treats, or other materials with dogs that are not within the same household.
- Dog walkers should supply their own bags associated with dog waste and dispose of it either in a designated receptacle onsite or at another appropriate location.
Dog Park Guidelines:
- All human users of dog parks should practice social distancing of at least six or more feet.
- Dog park amenities, including shared water dishes, toys, and other materials, should not be used by dogs or handled by visitors.
- Visitors of dog parks should supply their own bags associated with dog waste and takedog waste with them if designated trash receptacles are not available for normal use.
- Property managers, where feasible, if trash is available, should provide no-touch, lidless trashcans.
Photo courtesy of the City of Boulder, Colorado