1 Edgell Grove Cemetery & Mausoleum is expected to re-open on Monday, June 8.
2. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings: (all are held remotely unless noted):
- Framingham School Committee: Policy Subcommittee at 4 p.m.
- Traffic Commission: Traffic Department Subcommittee at 5 p.m.
- Framingham Traffic Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Community Development Committee at 7 p.m.
3. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer
4. A peaceful socially-distanced show of support for #BlackLivesMatter movement and all who have lost their lives to police brutality will be held today at 3:30 p.m. at the Framingham Centre Common @ 15 Vernon Street, according to the organizer. Please wear a mask. The event is expected to last until 4:30 p.m.
5. June 4th is National SAFE Day.
National SAFE Day stands to remind us that safety measures must be taken to prevent accidental shootings in a household.
National SAFE Day was started by the Brooklynn Mae Mohler Foundation. In 2016, the request for National SAFE Day. She was was a 13-year-old girl who was the victim of a preventable shooting on June 4, 2013. She was shot and killed at her best friend’s house when her friend picked up and played with a gun that was left loaded and with no safety in a kitchen cabinet. The foundation is committed to the education and practice of responsible gun ownership so that tragedies such as Brooklynn’s can be avoided.
The word SAFE in National SAFE Day is an acronym that stands for:
- Secure all firearms in the home
- Ask the question about unsecured firearms in the homes your child visits
- Frequently talk to your children about the dangers of firearms
- Educate and Empower others to be SAFE