1 The Framingham Highway Department will conduct street sweeping in Zone 3. See the map below.
2. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings: (all are held remotely unless noted):
- Framingham Veterans Council – 10:30 a.m.
- Framingham School Committee: Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity Subcommittee at 4 p.m.
- Framingham Conservation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham EDIC at 7 p.m.
3. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events but she was requested to attend a birthday party celebration for a man who turns 100 this afternoon. The mayor is also expected to participate in tonight’s School Committee meeting.
4. There is a Black Lives Matter protest scheduled this afternoon that is expected to end at the steps of the Memorial Building. It starts at 1 p.m. at the Framingham Centre Common and is organized by Keefe Tech students.
5. Today is World Bicycle Day, declared by the United Nations.
The bicycle is a symbol of sustainable transportation and conveys a positive message to foster sustainable consumption and production, and has a positive impact on climate.
From the United Nations press release:
World Bicycle Day:
- Encourages Member States to devote particular attention to the bicycle in cross-cutting development strategies and to include the bicycle in international, regional, national and subnational development policies and programmes;
- Encourages Member States to improve road safety and integrate it into sustainable mobility and transport infrastructure planning and design, in particular through policies and measures to actively protect and promote pedestrian safety and cycling mobility, with a view to broader health outcomes, particularly the prevention of injuries and non-communicable diseases;
- Encourages stakeholders to emphasize and advance the use of the bicycle as a means of fostering sustainable development, strengthening education, including physical education, for children and young people, promoting health, preventing disease, promoting tolerance, mutual understanding and respect and facilitating social inclusion and a culture of peace;
- Encourages Member States to adopt best practices and means to promote the bicycle among all members of society, and in this regard welcomes initiatives to organize bicycle rides at the national and local levels as a means of strengthening physical and mental health and well-being and developing a culture of cycling in society.