ASHLAND – The Town of Ashland Department of Public Works will hold an electronics recycling & oil collection event in June.
The event is scheduled for June 6 from 9 a.m. to noon.
The last one scheduled in April was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The following fees will be assessed at electronics drop-off:
- TVs & computer monitors (up to 20” screen, measured diagonally): $10 each
- DVD/CD players; printers; CPUs; receivers; misc. household electronics: $10 each
- TVs & computer monitors (over 20” screen, measured diagonally): $20 each
- Window A/C units, dehumidifiers & microwaves: $20 each
- Refrigerators (small dorm size): $25 each
- Refrigerators (full size): $45 each
Also on Saturday June 6, the town will hold a collection for oil-base paints/stains, used motor oil, fluorescent/CFL bulbs, contained mercury and rechargeable batteries.
The collection is at the DPW yard located at 20 Ponderosa Road (behind the salt shed).
Please refrain from illegally dumping any waste at the facility during non-collection days. The DPW yard is located in a heavily wooded watershed area right next door to the Ashland Animal Shelter and any items that are left while the facility is unattended by staff is subject to ingestion by area wildlife and spillage having obvious negative effects on the environment, which only defeats the purpose of the collection facility.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Dave Miller at the DPW @ 508-532-7943.