1 Trash & recycling curbside collection is on a one-day delayed schedule this week due to the Memorial Day holiday.
2. Today is National Senior Health & Fitness Day.
|National Senior Health & Fitness Day is in its 27th year, and it is traditionally held on the last Wednesday of the month in May. |
The common goal for this day is to help keep older Americans healthy and fit, and as the nation’s largest annual health and wellness event for older adults, we are taking the steps needed to make sure participating organizations continue to be able to work toward that goal.
With this year’s coronavirus crisis, in person gatherings won’t be possible for that date—so the organization is planning two events this year: The National Senior Health & Fitness Day®: 2020 Virtual Event on Wednesday, May 27th, and the actual National Senior Health & Fitness Day set for later this year when CDC modifies its recommendations on older adults participating in group activities.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings: (all are held remotely unless noted):
- Edgell Grove Trustees meeting at 3 p.m.
- Framingham Cable Advisory Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Disability Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council Finance Subcommittee meeting at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events. There is a School Committee meeting tonight and the mayor generally never misses those meetings.
5. Framingham Public Schools Superintendent Bob Tremblay and Executive Director of Finance and Operations Lincoln Lynch will discuss the FY21 School Department Budget status and the projected fiscal impact on next school year due to COVID-19 at 5 p.m. today. Click here for details.