FRAMINGHAM – The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has deemed non-commercial dog-walking as an allowable activities, during the pandemic.
Non-Commercial Dog Walking Guidelines:
- All dog walkers and their dogs should practice social distancing, and users should provide appropriate space for others and/or their dogs to pass when necessary.
- Social distancing for dogs means that dogs not part of the same household should be kept at least six feet apart and avoid interacting with other dogs and other people from separate households.
- Dog walkers should not share toys, treats, or other materials with dogs that are not within the same household.
- Dog walkers should supply their own bags associated with dog waste in the event there are none available on site and remove dog and other waste and dispose of it either in a designated receptacle onsite or at another appropriate location.
- Dog walkers should supply their own water and other needs for their pets in the event there are none available onsite.
Dog Park Guidelines:
- All users of dog parks and their dogs should practice social distancing of at least six or more feet.
- All visitors of dog parks should maintain enough control over their pets via leash or voice control to comply with social distancing guidelines and site-specific rules and regulations.
- Dog park amenities, including shared water dishes, toys, and other materials, should not be used by dogs or handled by visitors
- Visitors of dog parks should supply their own bags associated with dog waste in the event there are none available onsite and take dog waste with them if designated trash receptacles are not available for normal use.
- Property managers, where feasible, if trash is available, should provide no touch, lidless trashcans.
Mass DCR allows dogs off-leash at the following properties, in the specified areas only: (Please note: Dogs must be on-leash in all parking areas.)
Callahan State Park in Framingham, on designated trails, allows for off-leash dogs.
Dog walker should wear a mask and try to stay at least 6 feet away from other dog walkers.