1 May the 4th be with you today! It’s Star Wars Day.
2.Today is International Firefighters Day.
International Firefighters’ Day is a time where the world’s community can recognize and honor the sacrifices that firefighters make to ensure that their communities and environment are as safe as possible. It is also a day in which current and past firefighters can be thanked for their contributions.
International Firefighters’ Day is observed each year on 4 May.
On this date you are invited to remember the past firefighters who have died while serving our community or dedicated their lives to protecting the safety of us all.
At the same time, we can show our support and appreciation to the firefighters worldwide who continue to protect us so well throughout the year.
3. Brush collection takes place curbside this week on your trash day in Framingham
4.. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, she has no public events today.
5. After working with Town of Ashland Economic Development Director Beth Reynolds, SOURCE launched a new business series last month called Pivoting in Business.
Businesses interested in being profiled should email firstname.lastname@example.org
And just a reminder:
Framingham Public Schools are still distributing a free lunch (and breakfast) Monday through Friday at 4 schools from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all ages 18 and younger.
No forms or registration is required. Parents/guardians can pick up the meals with their children present. We encourage families to practice social distancing and not congregate at the meal pickup locations:
- Cameron Middle School – 215 Elm Street
- Barbieri Elementary School – 100 Dudley Road
- Fuller Middle School – 31 Flagg Drive
- Wilson Elementary School – 169 Leland Street